HEALTH , SAFETY GUIDELINES & POLICIES
FOR INDOOR CLASSES
In Consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the health and safety of all families who attend classes or programs at Music Together of Monroe-Newtown in person we will be following guidelines as set by the State of CT as well as the CDC for outdoor events and summer camps.
1. Before every class, participants will be required to participate in a basic health screening consisting of these 4 questions:
* Do you currently have any symptoms of cold or flu?
* Have you or anyone in your household been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus?
* Have you traveled internationally (or just travelled) in the last 14 days? please note the State guidelines regarding self quarantine for 14 days if you are re entering CT from one of the states considered to be hot spots. These are changing daily and would prevent you from attending classes.
* Have you or anyone in your household been directed to self quarantine?
2. Please refrain from attending class if you have been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had the coronavirus, if you are your children are feeling sick, have a fever, cough, or are experiencing general difficulty breathing. A refund or credit, pro-rated if necessary will be offered should you need to cancel your registration for Indoor Class Series due to exposure to COVID-19. A series of Zoom makeup days will be added into the session for individually miss classes. There will be no refunds or credits offered for individual missed classes. Music Together Monroe-Newtown will not be held liable for any suspension or discontinuation of indoor classes due to any State or CDC or other Goverment Agencies. Classes will resume online should we no longer be able to meet indoors. No Refunds or Credits. Contact our office if you have further questions.
3. If you are anyone in your family, or anyone you have been in close contact with is diagnosed with COVID-19 symptoms after attending a class with Music Together of Monroe-Newtown or at any time during the semester, you are required to report that immediately to our office by text or email.
4. If there is a change in the guidelines by the State of CT or the CDC regarding indoorr in person classes or a quarantine due to exposure that causes us to no longer be able to hold indoor classes, we will resume the session on Zoom. There will be no refund/credits if we are no longer able to hold classes due to these circumstances.
5. Please wash your hands frequently, and before and after attending our classes. A sanitization station will be in place with hand sanitizer. We recommend that every family bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
6. During class, children and adults will be required to maintain a 10 – 15 ft distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same family or other cohort. This could be challenging as children naturally tend to be social and it was not the norm I the past during our indoor classes. However, we will be asking every family to be responsible to keep the appropriate distance with their children. Please be aware of the guideline and help us maintain to keep everyone safe. MTMN will clearly mark spaces at 12 -15 ft between each family – when you arrive you can place your blanket or yoga mat on a designated spot. NO COHORTS IN CLASS AS ADVISED BY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. If you and another family in class play together outside of class you will need to stay on separate spaces distanced as above.
7. Mask will be required to be worn at all times before, during and after class by all participants ages 3 and above. Should you have a medical diagnosis in which you or your child are not able to wear a mask please contact Julie before you register.
8. The Music Together Teacher will be teaching within a designated 15ft distance in relationship to participants. If a child approaches the teacher, she/he will back up to a safe distance and ask the parent to please redirect their child back to their spot.
9. Families will be required to bring their own "instruments" to class. Per the Health Department it is advised MTMN does not provide instruments for use. Contact Julie if you are interested in securing your own bag of instruments.
10. Weather issues – If the class is cancelled due to snow, classes will be held on Zoom that day. Every effort will be made to rescheduled a cancelled class up to 2 makeup days. There will be no refunds or credits for missed classes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO CLASS:
1. A BLANKET OR SOMETHING TO SIT ON - I suggest a yoga mat
2. HAND SANITZER
5. YOUR JOY OF MAKING MUSIC TOGETHER!
6. NO FOOD / DRINK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A SECURE, NON SPILL WATER BOTTLE / FEEDING BOTTLE, IS PERMISSIBLE IN CLASSROOM.