Rhythm Kids is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4-6) with a parent or caregiver. We drum, we sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music based games. The Rhythm Kids curriculum and classes guide children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make their own drumming patterns
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc..)
- create movement ideas for songs
- and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
- 10 weekly, 45 minute classes
- Songbook CD each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skill, like keeping a beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Rhythm Kids is an opportunity for children to experience having their first instrument, to care for, practice with at home and bring into class. Music development unfolds in the classroom and in the privacy of the comfort at home where practice and "play" become a part of developing skills and the disposition to want to explore an instrument. There is an option for drum to be included in your tuition.
Child must be 4 years old before the start of class. Click on the the links above to learn more about what tuition inlcudes.
$255.00 - One Child with Music Materials and Djembe Drum included in Tuitiion
$230.00 - One Child with Music Materials and I have a Drum to bring to class and practice with
$130.00 - Accompanying Sibling - add 25.00 for Drum
$ 175.00- Accompanying Sibling attend Mixed Age Classes with enrolled older sibling in Rhythm Kids