Rhythm Kids K-2nd grade is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 4/5-8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- explore movement and dance while singing songs
- play games based on music and drumming
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are K-2 (ages 4/5-8) without parent/caregiver (although they are required to stay on premise), some adults may be asked to stay pending child's comfort.
- 10 weekly, 45 minute classes
- 2 CD's each semester
- Access to online i-home activity pages
- Access to video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conduction, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Students will be required to purchase their own drum for use at home and in class.